- Lipid is the term for fats in the blood. Lipids perform important role in your body, but can cause health problems if they are present in excess.Hyperlipidemia means high lipid levels. Hyperlipidemia includes several conditions, but it usually means that you have high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels.
- Exercise regularly walking and etc.
Fish Oil Supplementation.1) Diets high in omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (from fish oil), most commonly eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), reduce cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL, and VLDL and may elevate HDL cholesterol.2) Fish oil supplementation may be most useful in patients with hypertrigly- ceridemia, but its role in treatment is not well defined.• Complications of fish oil supplementation such as thrombocytopenia and bleeding disorders have been noted,especially with high doses (EPA, 15 to 30 g/day)
- Medicinal plants have played an important role in treating and preventing a variety of diseases . Metabolic syndrome had become a global epidemic, defined as a cluster of three of five criteria: insulin resistance and glucose intolerance, abdominal obesity, hypertension, LDL cholesterol, and hypertriglyceridemia.
- Plant NameFamilyPart usedAchyranthus asperaAmaranthaceaeWhole PartBauginia purpureaCaesalpiniaceaeLeafCinnamomum tamalaLauraceaeLeafCissus quandrangularisVitaceaStemCommiphera mukulBurseraceaResinGymnema SylvesteraAsclepiadaceaeLeafTerminalia arjunaCombrretaceaBark
- Indian medicinal plant drugs and plants used in the treatment of hyperlipidemia. Many approaches to reduce the ill-effects of diabetes and hyperlipidemia and its secondary complications, plant-based drugs are preferred due to lesser side effects and low cost.
- There are medicinal plants used in the treatment of Diabetes mellitus and nine medicinal plants used in the treatment of hyperlipidemia.
- The wealth of knowledge on medicinal plants points to a great potential for research and the discovery of new drugs to fight diseases, including diabetes and hyperlipidemia